Bali is an island east of Java and west of Lombok. It’s the land of waterfalls, rice terrace, beaches, and Balinese Hinduism. I’ve been here twice, and here are some of my notes that I’d like to share.
- Aling Aling waterfall – 3 cliff jumps. Use a guide for safety
- Munduk waterfall – easy hike, lagoon swim
- Lempuyang Temple – 100 meters stairs to arrive at gate
- Blue lagoon – cleanest beach for snorkeling
- Tanah Lot Temple – seaside temple, sunset view
- Jatiluwih Rice Terrace – UNESCO World Heritage
- Dreamland Beach aka Padang Padang Beach
- Uluwatu Temple – temple on cliff edge, sunset view
- Garuda Wisnu Kencana Cultural Park – giant sculpture
- Yellow Flower Cafe – organic restaurant by a local Balinese family
- Moksa – organic farm to table restaurant and permaculture garden
- Sisterfields Cafe, Seminyak
- Watercress Cafe
- Cafe Organic Canggu
- Sage, Ubud – upscale vegan restaurant
- Clear Cafe – organic
- Primo Chocolate Factory
- Kynd Community
- Bambu – fine Indonesian cuisine
- Balibola, Seminyak
- Nusa Penida Penida Island. Atuh cliff, lunch, Kelingking Beach, Broken Beach, Angel Billabong, Crystal Bay snorkeling.
- Itinerary #1: Kelingking Beach, Angel Billabong, Broken Beach, Crystal Bay snorkeling.
- Itinerary #2: Molenteng Hill, Atuh Beach, Teletubbies Hill.