Swan Valley is a beautiful and tranquil oasis. Only 30 minutes away from the city of Perth, many city dwellers come here for the weekend. Sip wine, eat gourmet local food, take a walk in nature, and just enjoy the slow pace of life. The food here is delicious. We were there in the beginning of October to attend Entwined in the Valley festival. The weather was perfect. Dressed in layers with a light jacket, I was all set to run around in the festivities. From sampling various foods at the Food Truck Rumble to petting cute baby sheep at the Good Old Fashioned Country Fair. There are many things to do and eat, even if you’re not here for the festival. Below is a list of all the things that made me fall in love with Swan Valley.
Elegantly designed rooms with amazing views. Each room comes with a balcony for your morning qigong or yoga practice. The nature walks surrounding this winery has breathtaking views. In addition to the winery, it also has a brewery, a restaurant, and an art gallery.
- Homestead Brewery – beer, beer bread, fish and chips.
- Taylors Art & Coffee House – where locals go for breakfast and brunch.
- Riverbrook Restaurant at Upper Reach Winery – gourmet wine and food.
- The House of Honey – honey and mead tasting.
- Morish Nuts – local macadamia nuts in every imaginable flavors.
- Mondo Nougat – artisan dairy free nougat.
- The Henley Brook – eat and drink outdoor, popular with the locals.
- Stewart’s at Brookleigh Restaurant – delicious food and beautiful sunset view.
- Bells Rapids Park – best hiking trails in the region.
- Guildford Heritage Walk Trails – downtown, heritage walk.
- Caversham Wildlife Park – Exotic Australian animals, selfie with a koala.