Perth is definitely one of my favorite cities. It’s ranked one of the most livable cities in the world and I can definitely see why. It’s very convenient to walk around in the CBD, and all the buses in the CBD are free. Their world class museums are also free admission. For a bustling city, it has lots green spaces. My favorite is the botanic garden, such a peaceful haven in the city. The food scene is diverse, international, and gourmet. It’s also very easy to find healthy food such as an organic green smoothie. Below is a list of the best I’ve sampled on this trip.
Lotterywest Federation Walkway
- Panache – healthy savory brekkie bowl.
- Little Bird Cafe – green brekky bowl.
- Heno & Rey – trendy tapas bar and restaurant.
- Jamie’s Italian – celebrity chef Jamie Oliver’s Italian restaurant. Good lunch deals.
- Simple Italian cucina pizzeria – pizza and kale salad.
- Telegram Coffee at State Buildings – best coffee.
- Petition Kitchen – gourmet, creative dishes, excellent bread.
- The Beehive Well Beeing Bar – green smoothie and juices.
- Yelo Trigg – smashed avocado on sourdough by the beach.
- The Woodfired Baker, Maylands – most delicious sourdough bun for only $1.
- City Farm Cafe at Perth City Farm – local brunch spot.
- Subi Farmers’ Market at Subisaco Primary School – best farmers’ market.
- Mt Claremont Farmers’ Market – you can buy olive oil and kombucha directly from the makers.
Heno & Rey
- WA Museum
- National Gallery of Australia
- Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts
- Mettam’s Pool at Trigg Beach – mother nature’s swimming pool.
- Elizabeth Quay Bridge
- Lotterywest Federation Walkway – take a stroll with a bird’s eye view at the botanic garden.